Monday, May 15, 2006

Wallflowers cover



One question.
I want to know who doesn't judge a book by its cover? I certainly do; and thankfully so. Some of the best books I have ever read I picked up simply because the cover of the particular story was alluring. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky was one such book. It is a book filled with letters to an anonymous person. Charlie the writer of these letters proves to have a keen knack for writing; as well as delivering scenes built upon gripping imagery and an awesome soundtrack. I recall while reading this book Chbosky inserted a few "classics" into the book. I immediately made sure I had read the recommended materials at some point. If not I have read all of them at this point. Again, this is one of the books that I read somewhere around 3 years ago. I am still haunted by some of the painful memories that Charlie experiences and recalls. The book is great; I had to remind myself that it was fiction and not my own story or any of my peers' autobiographies. I recommend this book be read when your nostalgia is so strong, and high school memories beckon you back. Chbosky will remind you that those happy memories are only happy because they are equally as impactful as the bad memories we all strive to push away and forget. Enjoy Charlie and his world, and then enjoy the fact that you never have to go back where Charlie lives on... High School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home