Thursday, May 11, 2006

Who is John Galt?


Supposedly a lot of controversy surrounds Ayn Rand’s, Atlas Shrugged. I have yet to meet the people who find this book to do more harm than good. Yet, I believe that if I am to stumble across one of these people it would not be a long friendship. Yes, this book can be used to judge others against. It is a book that requires thinking and exploring one's own thoughts regarding the theme. In this novel Rand plunks us down in the middle of a world not so different from our own. Small minded people are running big corporations; while their counterparts, the selfish ones, work to fulfill their own desires. As the novel progresses I expect the reader to become aware of the parallels within today’s society. I certainly did. Ultimately this book will have changed the course of my life. I read it about once a year to remind myself about myself. I suggest you do the same. We may not fall on the same side of the road but we will not be left untouched. Ayn Rand offers us a passionate novel about humanity; the good and the bad. It was hard for me to come off of it and not feel like an elitist. Honesty is a must; I do not think the book was controversial, I think Rand gave me a world in which I could only dream about. There are rumors that this book is to be made into a movie. Could there really be any two better people to play Dagny Taggart and John Galt?

Please read this book, I ask you for your sake, not mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home